This week, a important borderlands 2 update for the game was made accessible for download. The update resolved a number of gameplay issues such as one which had players being stuck on a launching screen or an empty black screen when travelling rapidly through newly entered areas. Other problems fixed include:
- Issue where a mission’s level would occasionally reset to a lower level at the time of loading a saved game.
- skill icons not properly refreshing.
- client would in some cases notice a high-pitched, distorted sound when respawning in a 4 player game.
- Red loot chests only spawning particular types of items.
- Corrected spawn rate of Michael Mamaril in Sanctuary.
- clients would sometimes crash when attempting to join a server.
- Controller vibration persisting consistently in split-screen games.
Furthermore included in the update is an all new character class known as the “Mechromancer” which provides the total number of playable characters in the game to 5. She has the capability to deflect bullets back toward her opponent, refill health if her gun’s magazine is completely loaded, improve her gun’s fire rate when the magazine is 50 percent , surprise enemies when reloading, and charge Deathtrap by capturing him with an essential weapon. She is associated by Deathtrap, a large automatic companion who aids her by repairing the shield of one ally and creating explosions, using a laser device beam, or shooting an electric orb to take out neighborhood enemies.